Spice up your holiday ham with Ryan’s Spiced Apple Cider!
Spiced Cider Glazed Ham
- 1 (12 -14 lb) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 2 1/2 cups Ryan’s Spiced Apple Cider
- Whole cloves to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ham, fat-side up (cut side down), in a shallow roasting pan. Pour Ryan’s Spiced Cider over ham.
- Bake ham in preheated slow oven, basting every 30 minutes with Ryan’s Spiced Cider sauce from pan, for about 3 hours.
- Remove ham from oven. Increase oven temperature to hot (400 degrees). Score diagonal lines in fat with tip of knife to form diamond shapes, being careful not to cut into meat. Stud each diamond with whole clove, if you wish.
- Combine brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring, until sugar is melted. Brush over top of ham.
- Return ham to hot oven. Bake 30 minutes longer, brushing the ham every 10 minutes with the remaining honey mixture, until brown and glistening and an instant-read meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove ham from oven. Let stand 20 minutes.
Ryan's Juice http://ryansjuice.com/