This cold-weather comfort food meets its match when simmered with Ryan’s Spiced Apple Cider, onions and apples. Serve with red potatoes and coleslaw for a quick and satisfying autumn meal.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package (6 pcs) cooked bratwurst
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Ryan's Apple Cider
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & julienned
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- In a 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook onions about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bratwurst links; increase heat to medium-high. Cook about 8 minutes or until bratwurst is browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, mix cider, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and paprika. Add to brats and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove links from skillet; place on plate and cover. Set aside.
- Add apple to skillet, cook 10 minutes or until apple softens and sauce thickens. Return bratwurst to skillet, toss with apples & sauce. Remove from heat and serve.
Ryan's Juice http://ryansjuice.com/