This simple (and slightly messy) recipe can be used for so much more than just salads- you can use as a garnish for Bloody Marys, crumble into bits for a topping, or eat as-is for a tasty take on an old favorite.
Cider Candied Bacon
Yields 12 strips
- 12 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Ryan's Apple Cider
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 black pepper
- dash cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper and cider, until the mixture is well-combined and the dry ingredients have dissolved.
- Dip bacon into the cider mixture so that all sides are well-coated. Place coated bacon on baking sheet and repeat process with all pieces of bacon; use any remaining cider mixture on the tops of the bacon.
- Place bacon in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Flip bacon and continue to cook for 15 more minutes, flipping every 2 minutes to ensure that bacon is well-coated and evenly cooked.
- Let cool on a nonstick surface.
Ryan's Juice http://ryansjuice.com/