This hearty one-pot meal is perfect for Sunday dinner.
Apple Cider Beef Stew
- 2lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups Ryan's Apple Cider
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp dried thyme, to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil and drain. Add cider, vinegar, salt if using, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and return to a boil; boil and stir for two minutes. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together flour and water until smooth. Stir into stew, making sure there are no clumps. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for two minutes.
Ryan's Juice http://ryansjuice.com/